This extra special episode was made for my people – present and past course participants, and anyone else who just likes the show – more on that later – but today particularly – I am reaching out to my listeners in Berlin und Brandenburg – who are interested in enhancing their English Language Skills, and overall learning experience with a little more than abstract vocabulary lists and grammar puzzles.
This episode is an introduction to the main event which is – a Film of the same name – “Episode 57 – Beginner’s Best Choice” – scheduled for release in November 2021 >>> If you also want to be notified and be among the first to see it – feel free to sign-up to join the Private-Listeners’-Group or revisit this page – Film overview / themes.
Beginner’s Best Choice (film) featuring E.P. Heck
Showguest: Eberhard Philipp Heck
Our guest for the Feature Film – is as real as real gets – and is himself a photography enthusiast – of the same Pentax persuasion as me. Berliner, Lawyer, Educator, Officer, Photographer and friend of mine Eberhard Philipp Heck… Philipp is a German national, a competent, and sometimes rather charismatic speaker of the English Language – even on the technical bits. We have been in contact for years, and the topic has on most levels always been the same – Pentax lenses.
This one celebrates – for want of a more authentic word – authenticity =) and exemplifies – an accessible, inclusive approach to learning – DIY, personal-experience and choice, and what I’ve always called ‘this fresh and exciting democratisation of the learning experience‘. Episode 57 – Beginner’s Best Choice – is in so being an embodiment of the very values and attitudes that inspired this podcast in the first place.
- The pentaxians forum
- Interested persons
- Braving the technical language – multilingually
- Who I am doing this for
- Purpose: Sustainable Language Acquisition
- Eberhard: The Skilled Armature Craftsman approaching the arts, Officer, Lawyer
- Choice of the brand
- History and tradition
- Quality of humility and purpose
- Focus on quality and reasonable pricing over bells and whistles
- Using photography (and other free time activities) to support training activities
- Why Eberhard started with the 50mm
- Production advantages and effect on cost and accessibility
- First comparison of telephoto and zoom lenses with the 50mm
- Superb explanation of what we call a fast lens
- F-stops, light and depth of field
- Separation of subject from the background
- Application for sports and other fast action
- Fast lens for stage photography
- Low light capability and freezing action
- Conversing on claims regarding natural human angle of view
- Comparison with super-wide fish-eye lens
- Comparison with medium format 645z system
- Extension rings for extending versatility and value as a macro-lens
- Personal favourite
- Prime advantage – over a zoom lens
- Disadvantage of the 50mm for wide angle applications (in-house photography)
- 645 Dreams” and goals – and the forgiving nature of the 50mm
- Support group
- Using the manual versions
- The language focus – translations
Special shoutout to my people, present and past course participants, guests – and everyone else who just likes the show. To Andreas – the man of music (cello music to be exact), Katrin who has just joined the ranks, Anna and Claudia the two French ladies, and Oliver for helping me with a bit of narrative for this episode.
A Big shoutout also to all my German listeners especially those in Berlin und Brandenburg – the listenership in Germany has overtaken the folks in India again – over the past two months, and Episode 56 with Andy has so far enjoyed the most downloads for a single episode ever – closely followed by Episode 55 with Anja from „FrolleinFlow – Institute für kreative Flaneure“. And last but not least the episodes 4, 6, 8, 10 and 15 with Olga, Lydia, Pia and Said El Amir (of JomDance) – are fresh favourites among my course participants. Thanks to all of you.
NEW SOCIAL ACCOUNTS
The English Coach Podcast – never intentionally takes a prescriptive, patronizing, or condescending stance to the adult learning experience, but is rather driven by inclusiveness – of people, approaches, personal experiences thoughts and ideas. This show episode is neither a formal lesson nor a substitute for such but aims to supplement the adult learning experience in a true-to-life way. The show is independent and self-sponsored – brought to you by me – a practicing language Trainer / Coach – and draws on a whole gamut of tools and tips in support of providing information, entertainment and what I like to call sustainable language acquisition in an authentic, relatable, and vastly collaborative – human way.
English Coach Podcast – Living the Language – iAntonio
Thanks for listening, looking forward to hearing from you and bye for now.
Sustainable Language Acquisition = Nachhaltiger Spracherwerb.